Types of personal information we collect and hold
The types of personal information that we collect includes but is not limited to:
- your name, email address, location and other contact details
- age, gender, year of birth
- payment details, and
- any other personal information that may be required in order to facilitate your dealing with us.
How we collect and hold personal information
In general, we do not collect your personal information, unless you provide it to us voluntarily and knowingly during your dealings with us, including when:
- you email your details to us or submit your details to us including via the Website
- you comment, contribute or provide your details to us via our Social Media Accounts
- you enter a competition run by us
- you sign up to receive our newsletters or any related information that may be of interest to you
- you have personal contact with us at a face-to-face meeting or at an event, or
- you email or otherwise contact us or to make an enquiry about our services.
We hold such information in hard copy files and electronic files. We are committed to protecting the personal information we collect and hold from misuse and loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. We use a variety of industry-standard security technologies and procedures to help protect your personal information. However, you acknowledge that no security system is impenetrable and no company, including us, can fully eliminate security risks associated with personal information or electronic databases. Accordingly, any personal information or other information which you transmit to us is transmitted at your own risk.
Purpose for which we collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information
In general, your personal information is used for the following purposes by us:
- to provide you with our services and enable us to provide you with our newsletters and publications
- to provide, improve and tailor the editorial content that we create
- to enable us, and our competition prize suppliers, to contact and communicate with you regarding our respective products and services
- to enable us to process your entry in a competition which you have entered
- to process your request to be included in our business directory
- to respond to and resolve any query or complaint
- for internal administration, product and demographic research, evaluation and development, quality control purposes, advertising and marketing purposes
- to offer you additional information, opportunities, discounts and promotions from us from time to time
- for any other purposes required or authorised by law or a court/tribunal order.
We may disclose your personal information to:
- third party service providers, competition prize suppliers, or contributors within Australia who wish to contact you regarding their products and services if you have submitted an entry to a competition held by us
- enforcement or regulatory authorities, within and outside of Australia, if required by law.
Access to and correction of personal information
You may request access to your personal information or you may seek the correction of such information by sending an email to us at email@example.com.
Concerns about privacy
If you have any concerns in relation to your privacy in your dealings with us or the Website, you should direct your concerns to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Policy last updated July 2018