You know winter is around the corner when the Snow Travel Expo comes to town.
One of the best weekends of the year for skiers and snowboarders, this is the perfect place to plan your next ski trip, shop for gear, plan bucket-list adventures and more – all with free entry to boot.
Coming to Melbourne on May 21 and Sydney on May 28, here’s all the info you need to know for the Snow Travel Expo in 2023.
Resorts, resorts, resorts
This is the place to meet representatives from over 70 resorts in Japan, Canada, USA, Europe, New Zealand, Australia, South Korea and China – plus a range of snow travel specialists to get you to all of the above destinations.
Whether you’ve got a shortlist of must-visit resorts or you’re hunting for great deals, this is where you’ll find the best information, travel advice and recommendations via the experts.
The expert presentations
Want to hear more about skiing in Austria? Find out how Utah got 23 metres of fresh powder last season, and whether it’ll happen again? Or discover what it’s like to ski in Korea?
From the time the show opens at 9am all the way through to close at 4pm, there’s a line-up of presentations scheduled in for the day. Travel experts from resorts all over the globe give their personal insights into their destinations and adventures, so you can enjoy thought-provoking travel ideas worth considering and experiencing.
Find the presentation schedule for Sydney here, and the presentation schedule for Melbourne here.
The prizes are bigger and better than ever before, but you’ll have to register to attend the expo to be in the running. Here are the trips and passes up for grabs in 2023…
- A trip for two to Telluride, Colorado – including 7 nights at The Peaks Resort and Spa, 2 x Lift tickets, ski rentals and airport transfers, and 2 x United Airlines return flights to Colorado
- A trip for two to British Columbia, Canada – including Air Canada return flights from Australia, 7 nights accommodation at the resort of your choice, 2 x 5 day lift passes and airport transfers
- A 4-day heliskiing package for two people at Northern Escape Heliskiing in British Columbia – including accommodation at the Yellow Cedar Lodge, professional heli guides, gear and use of safety equipment
- A ski trip to Niseko, Japan – including 7 nights accommodation, 2 x 6 day ski hire and a 6-day all-mountains lift pass
- A heli ski trip to Alaska, including 4 days of skiing, 4 nights of lodging and meals for one person
- A luxury ski trip to Meribel, France, including a 6-night stay in a 5-star hotel, 2 dinners with beverages, a 5-day ski pass and 2 mornings of private ski lessons
- Two Ikon Base passes to help you explore the world’s best ski resorts
You’ll need fresh gear for your newly planned ski holiday. Check out the latest gear on offer – everything from skis and snowboards to goggles, helmets and gloves.
Pick up a pair of mitts for a discounted expo price, scope out new outerwear and meet your new favourite bootfitter.
The activities – both for kids and grown-ups
Some of the best entertainment for the day is at the Globe Rail Jam, presented by Flip Insurance, featuring the best riders throwing it down for everyone to watch. While there, you can catch Flip for Gear talks on the latest skis, boots and boards.
You can also enjoy a champagne at the Ikon Pass Après Lounge, get your photo taken at the Ski Utah photo booth, experience traditional Japanese activities in the Cultural Zone, sample alpine food and beverages with the Snowchef and encourage kids to try the climbing wall.
Did we mention it’s free?
Entry to the Snow Travel Expo is free for everyone – making it one of the best-priced and most fun days to be had with family and friends. All you have to do is register for your ticket.
Register for the Melbourne Snow Travel Expo here on May 21. Melbourne Convention & Exhibition Centre, Southbank, Door 8, from 9am to 4pm.
Register for the Sydney Snow Travel Expo here on May 28. ICC Sydney, Darling Harbour, Hall 4, from 9am to 4pm.