In the wake of the shocking and tragic events in Christchurch, one Queenstown hotel is raising funds for the families who have sadly lost loved ones.
Twenty items have been generously given to a silent auction organised by The Rees Hotel in Queenstown that is expecting to raise tens of thousands of dollars with all the proceeds being donated to the Givealittle page for the ‘Christchurch Shooting Victims Fund’ set up by Victim Support.
“Our team are part of a collective who all share the same wish to support the courageous families who have been left dealing with the devastating aftermath,” says Mark Rose, CEO of The Rees Hotel.
True South Dining Room at the hotel is hosting a special Winemakers’ dinner with Pyramid Valley from North Canterbury this Friday and now all proceeds from the VIP event are also going to the Fund.
Brad Patterson, Sales Manager of Skyline Enterprises shares the same sentiment. His company has donated a flight on The Helicopter Line.
“New Zealand as a whole has been totally shocked by the events that have unfolded and we really hope our donation can be part of helping everyone moving forward” he said.
The assorted auction items range from; curated boxed wine, Magnum, Jerobaum and spirit selections, a VIP vineyard tasting, a spectacular scenic helicopter flight 5000 feet over Cecil Peak, a rare limited edition vertical Champagne tasting of Taittinger vintages, tickets to selected premium wine maker showcase events at True South Dining Room and the ultimate 5 night stay in a luxury Rees Residence with a personal travel curator on call.
Bids can be made here or by email or telephone. The Rees auction will end at 3pm Friday 12th April.
Some auction items
- The Rees Culinary Series with Family of Twelve (2x guest tickets) valued at $390.00
- The Rees Culinary Series with Crown Range Cellars (2x guest tickets) valued at $270.00
- The Rees Culinary Series with Champagne Taittinger (2x guest tickets) valued at $390.00
- The Helicopter Line – Cecil Peak flight with champagne (up to 6 guests) valued at $1,670.00
- Glacier Southern Lakes Helicopters – Remarkables flight (2 guests) valued at $510.00
- The Rees Residences – (5 night stay with full inclusions) valued at $14,750.00
- Queenstown Golf Club – Round for 4 guests with cart valued at $470.00
- 2014 Paritua 2112 Cabernet Merlot – Magnum valued at $275.00
- Felton Road 2016 Magnum trio – Cornish Pinot Noir; Calvert Pinot Noir; Block 5 Pinot Noir valued at $506.00
- Cardrona Distillery – Chardonnay-barrel aged gin (750mls) valued at $150.00
- Misha’s Vineyard – VIP Tasting and Lunch for up to 4 guests valued at $175.00
- Pyrat XO Rum (750mls) valued at $70.00
- 2011 Valli Gibbston Pinot Noir valued at $135.00
- Champagne Taittinger Cuvee Prestige (Jeroboam) valued at $450.00
- Real Journeys – TSS Earnslaw and Walter Peak BBQ dinner for 2 guests valued at $290.00
- Appellation Wine Tours – Classic Tour for 2 guests valued at $330.00
- In The Pink – Seasonal Bouquet valued at $75.00
- Patagonia Chocolates Gift Set valued at $94.50
- Body Sanctum Couples package (2x 30min foot massages; 2x 60min full body massage, bubbles, chocolate) valued at $429.00
- Jack’s Point Golf Club – Round for 2 with cart valued at $480.00
- Air Milford/Southern Discoveries – Return flights to Milford Sound for 2 guests with 2 hour cruise valued at $1,198.00
- First Table $100.00 voucher credit valued at $100.00
- 2015 Langmeil Jackamans Cabernet Sauvignon valued at $70.00
- Surveyor Thomson – Vineyard Tour and Lunch for 2 guests valued at $325.00
- Southern Discoveries – Spirit of Queenstown lake cruise for 2 guests valued at $90.00
- Cargo Brewery – 3x mixed 12 packs valued at $85.00
- Shotover Jet boat ride for 2 guests – valued at $310.00
- Dart River Wilderness Jet boat ride for 2 guests – valued at $518.00
- Quartz Reef Methode Traditionelle Brut – Magnum valued at $90.00
- Skyline Queenstown return gondola, buffet dinner for 4 guests and bottle of Surveyor Thomson Pinot Noir valued at $460.00
- Pyramid Valley 2016 Earth Smoke Pinot Noir valued at $125.00
- Pyramid Valley 2016 Angel Flower Pinot Noir valued at $125.00
- Pyramid Valley 2016 Fields of Fire Chardonnay valued at $125.00
- Pyramid Valley 2016 Lions Tooth Chardonnay valued at $125.00
- Pyramid Valley North Canterbury Orange Wine valued at $40.00
A full list of the auction items can be found on the website with bids updated twice daily.