More than 20 of the world’s top elite male freestyle ski and snowboard athletes have signed on to compete in the inaugural Sydney leg of Air + Style this coming August, with the female lineup to be announced shortly.
The early lineup of competitors boasts many Winter Olympians, including seven of the nine male 2018 Winter Olympic Medalists. Top skiers and snowboarders from Sweden, USA, Britain, Norway, Italy, Austria, Finland, Japan and Canada will also be travelling to Sydney to compete with our own Australian and New Zealander contenders for the biggest Big Air Prize purse on the World Tour.
Some of the highlights from the official athlete male line-up so far include:
• PyeongChang Slopestyle snowboard Gold Medalists, the USA’s young gun Redmond Gerard, plus Gold Ski Slopestyle Medalist Oystein Braaten.
• Sebastian Toutant of Canada is the reining Snowboard PyeongChang Olympic Big Air Gold Medalist, and will be chasing down the gold again at Air + Style Sydney. With Kyle Mack of the USA, Big Air Silver Medalist and Bronze Medalist Billy Morgan of Great Britain will be close at Seb’s heels.
• PyeongChang Slopestyle snowboarding Silver Medalist, Canada’s Max Parrot alongside fellow Silver Medalist in Slopestyle skiing, the USA’s Nick Goepper.
• New Zealand skiing sensations and brothers Jackson “Wacko” and Jossi Wells, are sure to bring some local-ish heat.
• Australia’s own Russ Henshaw will line up and be sure to throw down and represent for the Aussies.
Air + Style kicks off on August 3 and runs over three days, with Sydney’s The Domain becoming home to a purpose-built 16 storey-high snow covered ski ramp attracting the international superstars of the sport.
It will be the first time The Domain has played host to such a huge International sporting event, let alone fit a freestyle ski and snowboard ramp, which has been created especially for Air + Style events around the world.
Air + Style was originally founded in 1994 in Innsbruck, Austria. It’s the original and longest-standing Big Air snowboarding competition, which debuted as an Olympic sport at the 2018 PyeongChang Winter Olympic Games. In 2010 Air + Style expanded to Beijing, China, and in 2015 Shaun White became a majority shareholder and launched Air + Style Los Angeles. This will be the first time that Air + Style has come to Sydney, Australia.
Flo Rida and Snow Patrol have already been announced as the first two of three headline acts set to perform at the event.
Day and full festival tickets for Air + Style are on sale now via their website, airandstyle.com.au, starting from $149.00.