It’s that time of year again: the Snow Travel Expo is back, ready to inspire skiers and snowboarders looking for their next adventure.
This is the place to be if you want the very best advice from snow travel experts, early access to excellent deals and a front-row seat to rail jams, gear talks and more. And all with free entry.
From where to go and what not to miss, here’s your guide to all the action coming your way this month.
Where to go
The Snow Travel Expo is coming to Melbourne on Sunday May 21, 2023 and to Sydney one week later, on Sunday May 28. Both are scheduled to run from 9am through to 4pm.
Find the Melbourne show at the Melbourne Convention & Exhibition Centre in Southbank, and look for Door 8 once you get there. The Sydney show will be held at ICC Sydney in Darling Harbour, Hall 4.
How to register
Entry is FREE for all and not only gets you access to the expo, but you’ll go in the running for a stack of amazing giveaways exclusive to the events – including:
- A trip for two to Telluride, Colorado – including 7 nights at The Peaks Resort and Spa, 2 x Lift tickets, ski rentals and airport transfers, and 2 x United Airlines return flights to Colorado
- A trip for two to British Columbia, Canada – including Air Canada return flights from Australia, 7 nights accommodation at the resort of your choice, 2 x 5 day lift passes and airport transfers
- A 4-day heliskiing package for two people at Northern Escape Heliskiing in British Columbia – including accommodation at the Yellow Cedar Lodge, professional heli guides, gear and use of safety equipment
- A ski trip to Niseko, Japan – including 7 nights accommodation, 2 x 6 day ski hire and a 6-day all-mountains lift pass
- A heli ski trip to Alaska, including 4 days of skiing, 4 nights of lodging and meals for one person
- A luxury ski trip to Meribel, France, including a 6-night stay in a 5-star hotel, 2 dinners with beverages, a 5-day ski pass and 2 mornings of private ski lessons
- Two Ikon Base passes to help you explore the world’s best ski resorts
Pretty good, are we right? Click here to register for the Melbourne Expo, or click here to register for the Sydney Expo.
Who to speak with
You can start by chatting with representatives from over 70 resorts from here and abroad – including local favourites in Australia and New Zealand, plus just about every major resort you can think of from Canada, Japan and the USA. Swiss, French, Italian, Austrian and Chinese resorts will also be in attendance.
When you’ve decided where you might want to ski next, there’s a stack of snow travel specialists offering up the best deals on the day. This includes Skimax, Blue Powder Travel, Mogul Ski World, Travelplan, My Snow Holidays and more.
Find the best flights by chatting with United Airlines, Air Canada or Japan Airlines, who will all be there on the day. Heli skiing representatives CMH, Northern Escape Heliskiing and Majestic Heli Ski are also there to talk you through potential heli adventures; the SnowChef will be serving up tasting adventures; and don’t forget to stop by the Ikon Pass Après Lounge to grab a glass of champagne and understand more about the destinations it unlocks.
When it’s time to stock up on new gear, you’ll find the best of everything from ski boots to snowboards, apparal, binds and more, with everyone from Fischer to Volkl, Dalbello, Yes and Picture represented.
What to watch
Some of the best entertainment for the day is at the Globe Rail Jam, presented by Flip Insurance, featuring the best riders throwing it down for everyone to watch. While there, you can catch Flip for Gear talks on the latest skis, boots and boards.
Speaking of talks – there’s also a whole lot of presentations lined up on everyone’s favourite ski and snowboard destinations. From the time the show opens at 9am all the way through to close at 4pm, there’s a line-up of experts scheduled in for the day, giving their personal insights into their destinations and adventures.
Lock in your favourites by finding the presentation schedule for Sydney here, and the presentation schedule for Melbourne here.
Did we mention it’s free?
Entry to the Snow Travel Expo is free for everyone – making it one of the best-priced and most fun days to be had with family and friends.
All you have to do is register for your ticket. Click here to find out more for both Sydney and Melbourne.