Planning your next ski trip or just dreaming about your bucket list? It’s essential that you get yourself to the Snow Travel Expo in Melbourne or Sydney.
Back for another year as Australia’s most comprehensive ski show, this is the best place to get the latest from the world’s best ski resorts, snow gear and ski brands.
The show will be in Melbourne this Sunday, May 19 and hitting Sydney next weekend, Sunday May 26, so here’s the ultimate guide to help you make the most of an epic day.
Speak to over 70 resorts. Yes, really.
Regardless of what kind of adventure you’re considering – whether it’s an extended family trip to Whistler next season, or a quick getaway to Thredbo sometime in August – you’ll be able to speak to someone at the show about anything you have in mind, get their top recommendations, and even check out the special show deals they may have on offer.
There’s a huge variety of resorts attending at the show, however obscure your ski bucket list may be – including those from Japan, Canada, Europe, Korea, Chile, Australia, New Zealand, the USA and beyond.
Come armed with a variety of questions, or simply have a walk through each of the stalls and see what interests you most. Just be sure to set a good chunk of time aside for the show, as you can easily spend hours exploring all the options on offer. Expect to be there for at least a couple of hours – but don’t worry, because there are food and drinks to keep you sustained while there (we hear there’s even a free coffee to be nabbed from the Canadians).
2. Lock in your trip right there and then
At the show, you’ll have the opportunity to speak to over 20 snow travel specialists. Want to speak to Air Canada about their latest flight routes? Or maybe you’d like to speak to a tour operator about the specific tours they offer for those in the 50+ age range?
They’ll be there, ready to chat, and generally also offering up deals that are show-specific just for those in attendance – so if you’re looking for a bargain for an upcoming trip, you may just find it here.
3. Bring your wallet and score some snow goods
If you’re in the mood for shopping, this is where you need to be. Check out the latest gear on offer – everything from skis and snowboards to goggles, helmets and gloves. No more driving around to all kinds of different ski shops on the weekends, you can find it all here.
4. The travel and snow gear presentations
From the time the show opens at 9am, there’s a line-up of presentations scheduled in for the day. Check out the schedules below.
Travel presentations for Melbourne and Sydney shows.
Gear presentations for Sydney and Melbourne shows.
5. Enter ALL the giveaways.
There are no less than six trips up for grabs at the Snow Travel Expo this year, but you’ll have to attend to be able to enter. Including:
- A trip to the resort of your choice in British Columbia, Canada. Including two return flights with Air Canada, plus 7 nights accommodation, 6 day lift pass for two, Return transfers from closest airport and 2 nights in Vancouver.
- A trip to Utah, USA, flying with United Airlines. Including two return flights, plus 2 nights in Ski City, 2 nights in Ogden, 2 nights in Park City, 2 nights in Alta and 8 lift passes to all the best Utah resorts.
- A trip to Mt Hutt, New Zealand including two return flights with Air New Zealand, plus: 7 nights accommodation at Ski Time, Mt Hutt, Methven, 5 day lift pass for two at Mt Hutt, 5 day group lesson for two, 5 day rental for two.
- A trip to St Anton am Alberg, Austria including two return flights with British Airways, plus 7 nights accommodation, 5 day lift pass for two at St Anton and transport between Innsbruck and St Anton.
- A ski trip to Niseko, Japan, including 8 nights accommodation at Niseko Resort, plus a 7 day all mountain lift pass for two, 7 day rental for two plus 1 x private lesson or 1x guided tour of Niseko Resort.
- A trip to Val D’isere, Chamonix and Val Thorens, France – including 4 nights at Les Barmes de l’Ours Hotel-Relais & Chateaux plus 4 nights in Chamonix, 3 nights at Fahrenheit Seven Hotel, lift passes for Val d’Isere/Tignes, Chamonix and 3 Vallees, rentals and half day session with a mountain guide from the Oxygene Ski School for two.
Who doesn’t love a snow dog? Track down the huskies, check out the rail jam and take the kids to the snow play area.
7. See everything – for FREE.
These days, it’s rare to find an activity that will entertain the entire family for most of the day in Sydney or Melbourne without also leaving your credit card crying in pain. Entry to the Snow Travel Expo is completely free for everyone and includes plenty of other activities, such as a sweet all-day rail jam, real snow for the kids to play in, and even dogs in attendance to pat (huskies in Melbourne, St Bernards in Sydney). All you have to do is register for your ticket.
Register for the Melbourne Snow Travel Expo here on May 19. It’ll be held at the Melbourne Convention & Exhibition Centre, Southbank, Hall 9, from 9am to 4pm.
Register for the Sydney Snow Travel Expo here on May 26 And find it from 9am to 4pm at ICC Sydney, Darling Harbour Hall 5.