Everyone knows hot chocolate is the panacea for thigh burn, skier/snowboard fatigue and weary kids with sore toes.
But not all hot chocolates are created equal.
Phoodie took the SnowsBest Hot Chocolate challenge and ran with it, big time.
There’s nothing worse than a half hearted watery hot chocolate with teeny marshmallows (if you’re lucky) served up from an equally half-hearted seasonaire who wants to be on your side of the counter wiping the snow off his boots rather than his side missing out on fresh powder.
We asked one of Australia’s best food bloggers, Phoodie, to create a hot chocolate recipe just for SnowsBest readers. Let’s just say she totally excelled herself (we’re a long time Phoodie fan so we knew she would).
Enter ‘Phoodie’s Nutella hot chocolate with fudge-dipped Tim Tam crusted marshmallows.’
Yes, that’s a mouthful but a mouthful worth getting your lips around, so prepare for a serious sugar coma that will have you floating in hot chocolate heaven.
Phoodie’s Nutella Hot Chocolate with Fudge-dipped TimTam-crusted Marshmallows
For the Marshmallows
6 Marshmallows (big)
1/3 cup Dark Chocolate chips
2 tablespoons Thickened Cream
2 Tim Tams, crushed
For the Hot Chocolate
2 cups full cream milk
2 tablespoons thickened cream
2 tablespoons Nutella
Cocoa for dusting
To make the marshmallows
1) Place the chocolate and the cream in a microwave safe bowl. Microwave on medium for about 20 – 30 seconds. Remove from microwave and stir until contents are completely combined.
2) Dip one end of the marshmallow into the hot fudge and then dip the same end into the crushed TimTams. Place on a baking paper lined tray. Once all marshmallows are done, leave on the tray to set.
To make the hot chocolate
1) Place the milk, cream and Nutella into a small saucepan. Stir over a low to medium heat for about 5 minutes or until all ingredients are well combined.
2) Pour hot chocolate into two cups.
3) Serve each with 3 marshmallows.
N.B Once marshmallows are dropped into the hot chocolate they will float fudge side down. The fudge and TimTam bits will melt into the drink alongside the marshmallows.
It is now that you should dust the top of the drink with cocoa.
Thanks Phoodie we salute you!